Figure this one out! I dare you! nelson alonzo

From: silk (smbc1@wxs.nl)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 08:11:05 EST

    Nelson Alonso wrote: There are several ways to use this type of thinking to
    understand our biotic
    world using ID. For example, why would the molecular secretory pumps found
    in nature use rotary motion since it has a verticle shaft?

     Silk here: I'm not being facetious but I do sincerely hope to "god" that
    your life never depends upon your being called upon to prove nor to any
    extent explain this equivocation of a riddle in its best dress! In terms of
    gobbledygook you move to the head of the class.
     This list should be renamed: Confuse with riddles!
     Absolutely no logic allowed! All showoffs welcome!
     Knowledgeable common sense individuals forbidden!

    Nelson Alonso:
     Some thoughts on the ID perspective (although my views don't necessarily
    > > reflect those of other IDers.)
    > >
    > > The way nanotechnologists think is very similar to the way I have seen
    > many
    > > IDers think.For example, when we consider nanotechnology we must come to
    > one
    > > realization. Human intervention in the manufacture of each of a mole of
    > > devices seems too labor intensive for a brilliant designer to be
    involved
    > > in.
    > > If I was the designer of the molecular machines, I would want to design
    an
    > > assembler. Such a design would have be controlled by computer code. If I
    > can
    > > succeed in making such an assembler, the device can make a second one, a
    > > third one, those can make one of their own, two of their own, etc. Thus
    > > have cut my work many times in half.
    > >
    > > We see such a replication machinery in nature.At the head of the
    > replication
    > > machine is a helicase, a protein that uses the energy of ATP hyrolysis
    > > speed along DNA, opening the doulbe helix as it moves. Another component
    > of
    > > the replication machine is a single strand binding protein, it clings to
    > the
    > > single stranded DNA exposed by the helicase and stops it from reforming
    > base
    > > pairs. It also uses a sliding clamp, keeps the DNA polymerase firmly
    > > attached to the DNA template. It also releases the polymerase from the
    DNA