Re: choice as part of the design

From: Tedd Hadley (hadley@reliant.yxi.com)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 16:25:33 EST

    Bertvan@aol.com writes
      in message <e8.be92f30.2731b86f@aol.com>:

     <snip>
    > Below is a quotation from Margulis , (The Times Higher Education
    > Supplement , October 27, 2000.) While she attempts to suggest
    > the concept might have been sanctioned by Darwin, I suspect
    > she is merely trying to remain a member of the "establishment".
    > She has in the past made disparaging remarks about "Darwinism".

       No, she hasn't. She's made disparaging remarks about NEO Darwinism.
       Very important difference. Many religiously motivated creationists
       use quotes by scientists criticizing neo-Darwinism to imply that
       Darwinistic evolution is being questioned. It is not.

       "Although I greatly admire Darwin's contributions and agree with
       most of his theoretical analysis and I am a Darwinist, I am not
       a neo-Darwinist."
       http://www.edge.org/documents/ThirdCulture/n-Ch.7.html
       ("Gaia Is A Tough Bitch", Lynn Margulis, 1995?)