Re: New list?

From: Susan Cogan (Susan-Brassfield@ou.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 09:15:47 EST

    >If the Calvin evolution list really does close down soon, as seems likely, I
    >wonder if anyone else would be interested in joining a new list.
    >
    >My suggestion would be to create a list in eGroups, for discussion of
    >evolution and related philosophical, social, ethical and religious issues.
    >However, to avoid the senseless and interminable "evolution vs creation"
    >debates which fill so much of the Reflector, creationists/IDers would be
    >discouraged from joining the new list. This would probably result in far
    >fewer posts, but those posts are likely to be a lot more constructive.
    >
    >Is anyone else interested in this idea?
    >
    >Richard Wein (Tich)

    yes. Although evol/crea is my forte and my favorite debate topic, I
    do like to debate other things in the "philosophical, social, ethical
    and religious" arena. It might be worth it to research existing
    groups who discuss that general area and then we could all more or
    less agree to join that group.

    When this list folds I'm suggesting that we all move on to
    creationevolutiondebate which is an egroups list. Several of us have
    already joined it. I'm recommending it because it's moderated and the
    discussion tends--with a few exceptions--to remain civil and many of
    the posts are extremely informative.

    Susan

    --

    I am aware that the conclusions arrived at in this work will be denounced by some as highly irreligious; but he who denounces them is bound to shew why it is more irreligious to explain the origin of man as a distinct species by descent from some lower form, through the laws of variation and natural selection, than to explain the birth of the individual through the laws of ordinary reproduction.

    ---Charles Darwin

    http://www.telepath.com/susanb/