Re: Entropy

From: bill r wald (billwald@juno.com)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 16:23:31 EDT

    Dear David

    Thanks for the refresher course in thermo. Sounds like what my instructor
    tried to teach my 40 years ago. Somehow I passed the course but the math
    gave me heaps of trouble. It's bad enough analysing Rankine cycles in
    terms of a perfect gas and the steam tables seem to work for steam. But
    when analyzing the universe except in very general terms seems to me that
    it is almost impossible to list the variables, let alone plug in numbers
    for them. For this reason, I think both sides are blowing smoke.

    billwald@juno.com
    Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
    http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.