Re: anti-IDist asks who is DNAunion?

From: Huxter4441@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 16:07:31 EDT

    In a message dated 10/23/00 2:24:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
    DNAunion@aol.com writes:

    << DNAunion: An anti-IDist e-mailed a question to me *privately*. When I
    tried
     to repsond directly to that one person, *privately*, I could not because he
     or she had "killfiled" or otherwise blocked me. Therefore, since I assume
     the person really did want an answer, I will post my reply publicly - so
    that
     he or she can read it from the Calvin archives - but will refrain from
     revealing his/her actual identity.

    ======================
    Actually, I de-killfiled you, hoping you would not do something like this -
    make a spectacle in an attempt to sound important. I have already 'revealed'
    my identity. I find it most informative that you are wont not to do the same.
    ====================

    >>>[anti-IDist who blocked me] Who are you and what are your publications?

    =======================
    This of course was in response to DNAunions silly 'attempt' to find out if I
    was someone on another message board. Notice that he did not paste that part.
    ======================

     DNAunion: Just as others here and elsewhere wish to protect their identity,
     so do I, so I will not explictly reveal who I am, nor will I do anything
    that
     would identify who I am indirectly. All I will say is that my two areas of
     study in college were biology and computer information systems. I believe
    my
     full qualifications are irrelevant as long as I can back up my statements
     with valid scientific material.

    ========================
    True, to an extent. But I've yet to really see any from you. 'Peabrain' and
    the like hardly qualify. I will conclude that you began as a biology major,
    then became an engineer of some sort. I've seen this sort of vague
    'biosketch' before and that it was happened then. Of course, I expect a
    snotty 'rebuttal' saying that I don't what I'm talking about and so on...
    Then again, I am re-kill-filing the anonymous DNAunion after this. I wonder
    if Steve Jones will try to 'shame' DNAunion into 'revealing' his true
    identity, as he tried to do with me? Nahhh - they are fellow
    anti-'Darwinists'....
    ========================

     Does it really matter if I "flip hamburgers
     at McDonalds" if I can present *mainstream* material that shows that
     enantiomeric cross inhibition is a real issue for the purely-natural origin
     of life on Earth?

    ===================
    Wow. I'm sure the lurkers are impressed with your accumen. What
    non-insulting material you have posted seems to be at most selective and
    biased interpretation. However, since you tend to harp on the origin of life
    and not evolution per se, I really have nothing to say to you.
    ===================

    I don't expect people to necessarily accept my word for
     something (which is one reason I typically quote a lot), as I don't accept
     their own if it does not "jive" with what information I have been exposed
    to.
      It is the ability or inability to back up one's position that makes or
     breaks the argument, not their identity. (Of course, there are also times
     when inference, and not fact, enter the picture, in which case those on both
     sides are free to come to their own conclusions). >>

    I knew there was a reason I had blocked 'DNAunion'. How silly of me to have
    forgotten.

    Bye bye.