Re: Examples of natural selection generating CSI

From: FMAJ1019@aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 20:08:45 EDT

    In a message dated 10/22/2000 3:02:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
    sejones@iinet.net.au writes:

    > IY>If you or others want to propose the hypothesis that complex things
    > >such as the genetic code are always assembled by intelligent beings,
    > >that is fine with me.
    >
    > This is in fact our universal experience that codes "are always assembled
    > by intelligent beings." SETI is based on this.

    SETI is based on recognizing human like codes. The issue with evolution is
    quite different since RM&NS have been proposed as a way to explain
    information and genetic code. So in fact it is not our universal experience
    that "codes are always assembled by intelligent beings". Or at least it is
    not immediately obvious. It is therefore a logical fallacy to extend what we
    know about codes to evolution and genetic codes without showing that RM&NS
    are insufficient.
    Lacking any independent evidence of design in biology and genetic code, one
    should not jump to any conclusions based on a shakey analogy. Especially when
    a natural pathways have been proposed.

    So in short, the logical fallacy is the assumption that "all complex things
    such as genetic codes are always assembled by intelligent beings". That is
    something ID has to show to presume. In case of evolution they cannot presume
    that which they have to support.