Re: Putting names in subject lines - a form of ad hominem?

From: FMAJ1019@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 20:08:40 EDT

    In a message dated 10/21/2000 3:10:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
    sejones@iinet.net.au writes:

    > Also, it unnecessarily personalises the debate before it even starts. To me
    > the important thing in the debate is the *positions* held, not the
    > individuals
    > holding them (I am not saying the individuals are not important BTW).

    Very true. His need for attention is duely noted but I find his attitude
    boring and detrimental to a good discussion. And although his approaches do
    not place ID in a very positive light, I'd rather focus on taking apart the
    ID arguments rather than let it's supporters undermine it.

    [...]

    > Mostly Reflectorites have avoided this putting Reflectorite names in subject
    > lines, which makes me think that others agree with me on this.

    It is a good suggestion.

    Seems that Stephen and I are not that far apart on some issues.