Re: IDer's ad hominems against evolutionist disassociated from (CSI, GAs, etc.)

From: Stephen E. Jones (sejones@iinet.net.au)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 02:41:46 EDT

    Reflectorites

    I distinctly said "some (not all)". And I was not speaking of Ralph who I have
    only had two mesages from to date.

    Steve

    On Fri, 20 Oct 2000 07:59:55 -0700, Ralph Krumdieck wrote:

    >>Steve:
    >>I have just read these and I wish to disassociate myself from DNAunion's ad
    >>hominems above (and any others).
    >>
    >>It is one thing to say that FJ/Pim's *posts* are "mindless one-liners" as
    >>I have
    >>myself done in the past.
    >>
    >>It is another thing entirely, and an ad hominem, to say this of FJ/Pim
    >>*himself*. On behalf of the ID movement I wish to apologise to FJ/Pim.
    >>
    >>I would encourage DNAunion to not let some (not all) evolutionists drag
    >>him down into the gutter with them. In the case of some (not all)
    >>evolutionists, that may be just what they want.
    >
    >My gosh! So this is why it stinks so bad around here! Note to my
    >fellow gutter-dwellers: Someone Up There on The High Moral Ground
    >is keeping an eye on us so watch your splashing.
    >ralph
    >
    >>I make it a rule to assume that the problem is not any lack of intelligence,
    >>but the corrupting influence of a mindless (literally) materialist-naturalist
    >>*philosophy*:
    >
    >Not only do we live in the gutter, we're also corrupted and mindless, but at
    >least we don't lack intelligence. Sheesh. Even DNAunion credited one
    >of us with a peabrain.
    >
    >ralph

    Stephen E. (Steve) Jones ,--_|\ Email: sejones@iinet.net.au
    3 Hawker Avenue / Oz \ Web: http://www.iinet.net.au/~sejones
    Warwick 6024 -> *_,--\_/ Phone: +61 8 9448 7439
    Perth, Western Australia v "Test everything." (1 Thess. 5:21)