Re: A new private mailing list?

From: FMAJ1019@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 01:05:19 EDT

    In a message dated 10/10/2000 6:01:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
    allenroy@peoplepc.com writes:

    > Unless a email list is restricted in some way or another it soon becomes
    > dominated by vocal, opinionated believers in evolutionism. I am also a

    You are easy to dismiss dissenting opinion as a belief in evolutionism.
    Perhaps there was some irony when you used "opinionated"?

    > member of the CRSnet (Creation Research Society) email list. After troubles
    > with having the list open to most anyone, they restricted membership to
    > those who join the society. While it is sad that not as many people can be
    > involved, that is balanced by the ability to be able to discuss topics
    > without the noise and raspberries of antagonistic acolytes of evolutionism.

    I would rather hear opponents of my views than "discuss" in an environment of
    consenting views. Science can only flourish in discussion of dissenting
    opinions.

    > They use a statement of belief as the discriminating feature. Those who
    > join are those who already agree with the viewpoint rather than being forced
    > to tow the line.

    I hope you are kidding.