Re: Flat Earth Myth

From: Chris Cogan (ccogan@telepath.com)
Date: Sun Oct 08 2000 - 16:45:17 EDT

    I've understood for decades that *educated* people, throughout much of
    history, did not believe that the Earth was not flat.

    However, it *still* seems to be true that many people have believed the
    Earth to be flat. Since this example is used to point up epistemological
    errors, and since it clearly *is* an epistemological error, I don't see how
    the historical details are really relevant to its general use as an
    illustration of *uneducated* thinking.

    --Chris