Fwd: ID and Creationism

From: DNAunion@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 01:46:06 EDT

    >Chris: Technically, ID *does* cover a wider range than merely the
    creationist types. But, as a social and political movement, it is almost
    *completely* creationist (i.e., Christian theists who believe God has done
    all the designing in life on Earth).

    > DNAunion: So as a social and political movement, what does evolution
    qualify as? Not science, as under those conditions, it is then social and
    political.

    >FMAJ: … As a social and political movement evolution does not necessarily
    classify as science. Your point is?

    DNAunion: My point is...

    Why, if ID does in fact cover a wider range than merely the creationists
    types - as Chris states - is that ID is viewed as an almost completely
    creationist movement if that meaning is relegated to the social and political
    worlds? And it it is because the social and political worlds determine what
    a theory is about, then you just admitted that evolution should not be
    science. Get my point now?

    PS; This is another instance in which the original e-mail was marked to be
    deleted and the system hung: I then went into my SENT mail and saw that this
    reply was not sent to everyone. I assumed I hit the REPLY instead of the
    another posting error.

    attached mail follows:

    >Chris: Technically, ID *does* cover a wider range than merely the
    creationist types. But, as a social and political movement, it is almost
    *completely* creationist (i.e., Christian theists who believe God has done
    all the designing in life on Earth).

    > DNAunion: So as a social and political movement, what does evolution
    qualify as? Not science, as under those conditions, it is then social and
    political.

    >FMAJ: … As a social and political movement evolution does not necessarily
    classify as science. Your
    point is?

    DNAunion: Why, if ID does in fact cover a wider range than merely the