Natural selection and ID

From: FMAJ1019@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 00:34:45 EDT

    I am somewhat confused about the apparant/actual? contradictions between the
    two statements made by DNAUnion.

    On the one hand DNAUnion seems to defining natural selection to be NON-ID.
    This is something that imho hardly follows from the premises of Dembski and
    Behe. And I encourage him to show us how he reaches that conclusion. On the
    other hand he says he will not address the claim made by Wesley that ID
    cannot exclude natural selection as the intelligent designer. He refers to
    Dembski to address this. I presume that Dembski has not addresses his
    assertion about natural selection having to be NON-ID nor Wesley's assertion.

    Does this mean that DNAUnion will retract his first assertion or will he show
    the merit of his assertion? If he does then he has to show that it follows
    logically from ID.

    Wesley's argument applied to Dembski's argument but applies similarly to
    other ID arguments that claim to infer design, not the designer.

    Perhaps I am just confused.

    [begin Quote DNAUnion]
    That sounds like an oxymoron to me.  If you have any kind of  intelligence
    and design involved in the selection process, then it is not NATURAL
    selection, be definition.  What am I missing?
    [End quote]

    [begin Quote DNAUnion]
    I will not address Welsberry's claim that Demski's filter allows RM & NS to
    act as an intelligent designer:  I think Demski himself should address the
    merit of that.  But I will comment on another point you brought up.
    [End quote]