Re: WHY DOES THE UNIVERSE WORK?

From: FMAJ1019@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 22:57:08 EDT

    In a message dated 10/5/2000 7:29:09 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
    DNAunion@aol.com writes:

    > >Richard Wein: I think it's unwise to place too much reliance on this paper
    > by Thornhill and Ussery. Their definition of irreducible complexity seems
    > me to be
    > just as problematic as Behe's. I've yet to see any definition of IC which
    > defines the meaning of "parts" or "components" in an adequate way.
    >
    > DNAunion: And I've yet to see an adequate and universally definition of
    > life, evolution, and species. So does that mean that these too do not
    > exist?

    Because we have direct evidence of the "evolution" of life and species and
    mutation and natural selection. IC however is based on elimination. That's
    quite a difference. In the case of IC definition and clear definition is very
    important since design is infered through the absence of a Darwinian
    mechanism.