Re: Why I don't reject ID

From: FMAJ1019@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 12:49:15 EDT

    In a message dated 10/5/2000 7:18:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
    ccogan@telepath.com writes:

    > >FMAJ1019@aol.com writes:
    > >
    > ><< What pathways have
    > > been identified by ID? >>
    >
    > Huxter
    > >And, in my opinion more importantly, HOW were these ID pathways/structures
    > >identified?
    >
    > Chris
    > And, at what point did ID enter into the development of whatever it is that
    > is supposed to be the result of ID? Or was it all done in one act of
    > genetic manipulation? Or *what*? Come on, ID-ers, let's at least have you
    > cough up some testable hypotheses here.

    It seems awefully quiet right now. Which seems to support my impression that
    other than a "design inference", the ID movement has not (yet?) identified
    the potential pathways.

    Although...

        "During the Q & A, Simon Conway Morris was the moderator. When my hand
        went up he called on me. [I took this as evidence supporting the
        hypothesis that he liked my question during his talk :-) --grm] I
        asked Behe that he has spent a lot of time talking about what wouldn't
        work and asked him to tell us what would work--if not evolution, what,
        then? Miracles? Behe stumbled around a bit and finally said that God
        inputs information into living system all along the way."

    http://home.flash.net/~mortongr/wacoday2.htm

    That's quite an interesting pathway. So how do we go about supporting this
    pathway? Any predictions?