Re: Is Intelligent Design Creationism?

From: DNAunion@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 01:51:31 EDT

    >>Mike Gene: Nevertheless, I have some questions for you.

     1. Why do you have a need to label me in the first place?
     Of all the arguments I posted to ARN (and here), you seem
     obsessed only about this. Why?

     2. In what specific way does the 'creationist' label better
     help you understand my position? {this is all the more
     important because experience has taught me that this
     label actually makes it harder for others to understand
     my position}.

     3. You like Johnson's definition. Fine. So you also think Howard
     Van Till is a creationist?

     4. Francis Crick is well known for having proposed
     directed panspermia. Is he also a creationist?

     5. If the answer to 3 and 4 is No, why?
     If the answer to 3 and 4 is Yes, consider the following
     scenario:

     Henry Morris, from the ICR, is being interviewed by CNN.
     He is asked if there are any other scholars outside the ICR
     who are creationists. He says, "Why yes, Howard Van Till and
     Francis Crick come to mind."

     Now, would anyone accuse Morris of being misleading??

     DN...er, Mike