Re: CSI, GAs, etc.

From: Chris Cogan (ccogan@telepath.com)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 23:42:43 EDT

    At 06:17 PM 10/02/2000, you wrote:
    >From: Paul Nelson <pnelson2@ix.netcom.com>
    >[...]
    > >Back to work. One last comment, for those who
    > >want me to do CSI calculations for them:
    > >
    > >Sorry, life is short. I've already provided citations
    > >(Scherer 1983, 1996; Rust 1992) where such calculations
    > >have been done to my satisfaction.

    Richard
    >I really want to see calculations that have been done to *Dembski's*
    >satisfaction, since only Dembski can reliably say whether they are bona fide
    >applications of his methods.

    Chris
    This would only be true if he has not clearly and/or completely specified
    his method. If he *has* clearly and completely specified it, it should be
    applicable by anyone who can do the needed calculations. If this cannot be
    done, then it may indicate a flaw in Dembski's method or its presentation.