Re: CSI, GAs, etc.

From: FMAJ1019@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 12:04:20 EDT

    In a message dated 10/2/2000 8:54:05 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
    pnelson2@ix.netcom.com writes:

    > Back to work. One last comment, for those who
    > want me to do CSI calculations for them:
    >
    > Sorry, life is short. I've already provided citations
    > (Scherer 1983, 1996; Rust 1992) where such calculations
    > have been done to my satisfaction. Pardon me if this
    > sounds ad hominem, but I suspect it isn't CSI estimates,
    > really, that you want.

    Actually, from what I understand, several of us were hoping that Dembski
    would be able to share some of his computations with us. As Wesley showed,
    his comments suggested that such calculations had been done. If they have not
    been done yet, then it is imho quite important that they are done so that
    they can support what is now merely assertions.
    I know that science can be painful, but in case of a new thesis such as
    Dembski's it is quite necessary that such work is done.
    If you believe that you have given some references to work of others who have
    done the work of Dembski's then we could at least discuss those works but as
    Wesley pointed out, if Dembski does not agree with these examples, a lot of
    work will be wasted.
    I am still curious how you intend to separate apparant from actual CSI
    though. Wesley's algorithm room still remains a formidable 'riddle'