RE: Blood clotting and IC'ness?

From: Nelson Alonso (nalonso@megatribe.com)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 12:45:31 EDT

    << << Nelson:
    Well we can make stators , rotors, propellers etc. It doesn't take a
    "higher" intelligence to make them, and there is nothing preventing us from
    doing so, just advances in technology.We can make irreducibly complex
    systems. In the Conference of Molecular Nanotechnology held in 1998 they
    were actually able to make a motor much like the flagellum. There is also a
    patent on such a motor: >>

    FMA:
    Cool, so we can use nature's examples to design things.

    Nelson:
    Actually motors have been around for quite some time before we even
    discovered molecular motors. This was found in Behe's journal:

    David DeRosier's in the journal Cell: "More so than other motors, the
    flagellum resembles a machine designed by a human.".

    ROTFL, but the flagellum was around before the real motors. But no molecular
    motors were around now where they?

    Nelson:
    You said above:

    "Cool, so we can use nature's examples to design things."

    Motors that human made were around when _humans were unaware that molecular
    motors exist_. Get it?

    FMA:
     We used an example of a natural motor to
    design our own.

    Nelson:
    Well, like I said above, motors were around long before we discovereed
    molecular motors. Also, it is expected to use the design principle of a
    machine like a molecular motor to design our own machines. That is the
    point.

    FMA:
    Such forms of intelligent design happen all the time but
    that's not the kind that interests the ID movement.

    Nelson:
    Of course it does. It is intelligent agency.

    FMA:
     That there is a
    resemblance is irrelevant, the design inference has to show rather than
    assert that it was designed and that the designer was not natural forces.

    Nelson:
    It's not a resemblance, it is the actual system, the function and the parts.
    We can observe intelligent agency producing these systems, we cannot observe
    natural forces producing them.