Re: ID vs.?

From: FMAJ1019@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 23:09:59 EDT

    In a message dated 8/28/2000 10:35:05 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
    Bertvan@aol.com writes:

    << Bertvan
    Hi Cliff H,
    My question was what is the belief that opposes ID. From your reply I assume
    it is that life arose through purely naturalistic means. I am not "opposed"
    to such a theory. I just don't believe it. Are you willing to put everyone

    Perhaps for good reasons but perhaps not. So far naturalistic means have been
    quite succesful in explaining our world and no evidence of ID in biology
    exists.

    w<< ho is skeptical of abiogenesis in the ID camp? We would be delighted.
    In
    any case, I encourage anyone who believes life arose naturalistically to
    pursue it vigorously. I question anyone's right to declare abiogenesis a
    fact until it has been demonstrated. (I haven't heard any ID advocates
    seriously pushing space aliens. That's mainly done by ID critics looking for
    a straw man.)

    ID is more than abiogenesis. According to Behe, ID is that which creates IC
    structures although non IC structures can arise naturally. I wonder how he
    envisions the designer to act?