Re: A Baylor Scientist on Dembski

From: Susan Brassfield Cogan (Susan-Brassfield@ou.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 15:15:53 EDT

    Bertvan:

    >You will note that the Baylor professors, don't just consider IDn an invalid
    >concept; They argue that no one, including college students, should be
    >allowed to consider it.

    please include the passage where they state this. I don't remember seeing
    anything like that in anything the Baylor professor wrote. If ID is deemed
    not to be science then it has no place being "considered" science class.
    Why should it have a special priviledge? Music theory doesn't get
    considered in science class either. If there is *scientific* evidence to
    support ID, then it should be mentioned in science class and I think it is
    scientific evidence that the Baylor professors are looking for.

    ID propagandists are ubiquitus. It is already very easy for
    students--especially Baylor students--to be exposed to their ideas.

    I'm sure Baylor has debate classes--usually, they are offered through the
    Communications Department. In those classes students are free to discuss
    the merits of ID until the cows come home. Victory can be awarded to the
    student with the most well-mannered presentation.

    Susan

    The most important human endeavor is the striving for morality in our
    actions. Our inner balance and even our very existence depend on it. Only
    morality in our actions can give beauty and dignity to life.
    --Albert Einstein

    http://www.telepath.com/susanb/