Re: More about teaching the controversy

From: Susan Brassfield Cogan (Susan-Brassfield@ou.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 10:44:54 EDT

    Bertvan:

    >The truth is, many scientists admit they don't know an explanation for macro
    >evolution. Rather than admit such ignorance, the Kansas school board deleted
    >any reference to macro evolution. What are they going to do now? State that
    >random mutation and natural selection are responsible for macro evolution?
    >State that they have an explanation of macro evolution, but it is too
    >complicated for the ignorant public to understand? I would love to see the
    >Darwinist position defined so clearly.

    The original Kansas Standards are on the web at:
    http://www.kcfs.org/scidraft5.html

    find out for yourself what they would have required to be taught--and will
    again as soon as Kansas finishes booting the creationists off the school
    board.

    Susan

    The most important human endeavor is the striving for morality in our
    actions. Our inner balance and even our very existence depend on it. Only
    morality in our actions can give beauty and dignity to life.
    --Albert Einstein

    http://www.telepath.com/susanb/