Re: More about teaching the controversy

From: Tedd Hadley (hadley@reliant.yxi.com)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 19:39:56 EDT

    Bertvan@aol.com writes
      in message <ee.90123d2.26c32c07@aol.com>:

    > I urge Darwinists not to read the following article. It would surely be
    > detremental to their mental health. I offer it for the enjoyment of any
    > lurkers, skeptical of Darwinism, who might enjoy a particularly articulate
    > explanationof what ID is about, and an expression of the goals of some of
    > those considering ID.
    >
    > http://www.eppc.org/library/conversations/04-evolutioncurriculum.html

       Saw this interesting exchange:

    --------------------
    Gregg Easterbrook:
    The intelligent- design argument, at least the early version of
    this, can be dismissed as weak science, which it is now.

    PJ:
    I vigorously disagree.

    Gregg Easterbrook:
    There are two versions, Phil. There is the version that you and
    Michael Behe give, which is much more on point, closer to science
    than that of William Dembski [author of Intelligent Design: The
    Bridge Between Science and Theology]. Dembski is very broad. For
    all we know, a thousand years from now people will look back and
    say that Dembski was the great genius of our age. Maybe, but his
    science is weak. [...]

       I wonder, though, if Easterbrook really thinks Johnson and Behe's
    science is any better than Dembski's?