Re: Randomness and complex organization via evolution

From: billwald@juno.com
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 20:57:35 EDT

    Dear Chris

    >Do you find it odd that identical things behave identically? How could
    they
    >*not* behave identically? After all, it's their identical behavior that
    >enables us to tell (if we can) that they *are* identical.

    From a strictly pragmatic observations of the universe, I think this
    logically conflicts with your premise that there are no truely random
    events. If there are no random events, then there can't be identical
    objects - unless there is God. If there are truely identical objects
    (atoms) and no random events then GOD - nothing left to explain
    half-life. After all, by our defination hard science must be 100%
    pragmatic. What we see is what we get.

    One of those Copenhagen people said something like "some events are so
    random that not even God can know the outcome."

    billwald@juno.com
    Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
    http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.