Re: Re: The Wedge of Truth : Splitting the Foundations of Naturalism by Phillip E. Johnson

From: billwald@juno.com
Date: Sat Jun 24 2000 - 13:32:20 EDT

    > *********** If absolute truth depends on cognition, then it is nothing
    >more than an opinion and not truth per se at all. Which leaves us with
    > cognitive dilemma: where did we get the concept of an absolute truth?
    >Not what is it, but where did the concept itself come from?

    The concept of Absolute truth is a theoretical abstraction that comes
    from theologians (philosophers) No one else has the time or the interest
    to consider it. There is no pragmatic use for it. The rest of us want to
    know "what works" and this includes us Christians. Think not? 80% of the
    prayers I hear involve trying to cut a special deal with God. (No rain on
    the Annual Church Picnic)

    billwald@juno.com
    Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
    http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.