IO

From: Bertvan@aol.com
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 16:16:39 EDT

    Bill:
    >Seems to me it is difficult to mention ID without mentioning the nature
    >of the ID. If we insert space aliens, gaia, or whatever into the chain of
    >command all we do is add another layer to the bureaucracy but still end
    >up with the problem of first cause.

    Bertvan:
    Personally, I don't anticipate seeingthat problem of "the first cause"
    answered. But surely we can come closer than "random mutation and natural
    selection".

    Bill:
    >These days scientists are like preachers in that neither has the guts to
    >admit they don't understand something and refuse to pool their ignorance.

    Bertvan:
      Well said. Except for philosophical naturalists, most people have no
    trouble admitting their ignorance. Perhaps ID will produce a new breed of
    biologists.

    Bertvan