Brain biology

From: Wesley R. Elsberry (welsberr@inia.cls.org)
Date: Sun May 07 2000 - 12:42:53 EDT

    Stephen Jones wrote:

    [...]

    SEJ> [More evidence of a `ghost in the machine'?]

    [...]

    What, that there is a delay between sensory perception and cognition?
    It seems to me that a surprising result would be if there were no such
    delay. Does Stephen understand the electrochemical properties of
    neurons?

    The data of Eagleman and Sejnowski would appear to be completely
    explainable with reference to integration time. The data as stated in
    the article don't appear to me to be anything very surprising at all,
    despite the researchers' enthusiasm.

    Wesley