Re: How is this for an Anti-Evolutionist's use of quotes?

From: billwald@juno.com
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 21:07:26 EDT

    >This is a logical fallacy. You cannot prove what you assume. The
    criteria is what ever it takes to >get the "correct results."

    This is equally circular, playing with words. First of all, in the
    sciences "proof" only applies to theoretical mathematics. You are using
    "proof' as a philosophical sense, not a scientific sense.

    Second, using your line of reasoning either nothing can "proved" or
    science consists of conducting random experiments without a specific
    goal.

    Third, I assumed I can get to Vashon Island by taking the Vashon Island
    ferry. I tried it yesterday
    and it worked. I "proved" my assumption. On the other hand, tourists
    driving s/b on I-5 assume they can get to SEATAC Airport by taking the
    Airport Way exit. Sorry, it goes to Boeing Field.

    billwald@juno.com
    Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
    http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.