Re: Don't let the goons take us over!

From: Susan Brassfield (Susan-Brassfield@ou.edu)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 12:40:15 EDT

    >This was once a place where a diversity of ideas about evolution were
    >discussed. I've seen other discussion groups started with the same
    >intention. They were taken over by talk-origins type goons. People turned
    >off by their rudeness left, and only the goons remained, devising colorful
    >insults for each other's pleasure to describe anyone not believing in "random
    >mutation and natural selection".

    interesting discussions = rude people who agree with me

    goons = rude people who disagree with me

    >Hope that doesn't happen here.
    >
    >Bertvan

    I agree.

    Susan

    For if there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing
    of life as in hoping for another and in eluding the implacable grandeur of
    this one.
    --Albert Camus

    http://www.telepath.com/susanb/