Re: ad hominems & the future of this Reflector

From: Stephen E. Jones (sejones@iinet.net.au)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 18:43:05 EDT

    Reflectorites

    On Tue, 25 Apr 2000 11:47:22 -0700, Cliff Lundberg wrote:

    [...]

    >SC>I heartily recommend using your filter.

    I support Steve Clark on that.

    CL>I like all the posters, even though they're all wrong.
    >Surely a Christian attitude on my part.

    Thanks to Cliff. His is indeed a Christian attitude!

    I seriously considered unsubscribing from the Reflector when
    I saw the negative responses from the TEs. But while there
    are people like Cliff and Berthajane on the Reflector, I am
    going to continue.

    I call on those making ad hominems to concentrate on *the
    issues*.

    As a mark of good faith, I am going to remove all my filters,
    but I am just going to ignore ad hominem comments by
    deleting them or ignoring the posts altogether.

    Stephen E. (Steve) Jones ,--_|\ Email: sejones@iinet.net.au
    3 Hawker Avenue / Oz \ Web: http://www.iinet.net.au/~sejones
    Warwick 6024 -> *_,--\_/ Phone: +61 8 9448 7439
    Perth, Western Australia v "Test everything." (1 Thess. 5:21)