Re: ad hominems & the future of this Reflector

From: Richard Wein (tich@primex.co.uk)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 09:18:46 EDT

    From: Stephen E. Jones <sejones@iinet.net.au>

    >Personally I think that the Moderator should immediately enforce a
    >minimum standard of debating etiquette, e.g. ad hominems like "lie"
    >and "dishonest" not be tolerated.
    >
    >Otherwise, if all the posting creationists and anti-evolutionists continue
    >to leave this Reflector, then it will just be a debate between theistic vs
    >atheistic evolutionists.
    >
    >In that case, I doubt that there would be much to debate about and
    >the Reflector would probably just die.

    While the reflector would no doubt lose much of its entertainment value if
    all anti-evolutionists withdrew, it would lose little in the way of rational
    discourse.

    There are certainly subjects for evolutionists to debate amongst themselves.
    (It's rather parochial of Stephen to believe otherwise.) I'm currently
    awaiting a reply from Terry Gray to a question of mine.... (hint) ;-)

    Richard Wein (Tich)
    See my web pages for various games at http://homepages.primex.co.uk/~tich/