Fwd: Gene duplication and design [ was Re: Dennett's bad word ...]

From: Huxter4441@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 11:14:09 EDT

    attached mail follows:

    In a message dated 4/6/00 1:56:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time, MikeBGene@aol.com
    writes:

    << But then comes the second question.
     Most of these same "skeptics" also believe that RM&NS were
     indeed the main mechanisms behind the origin of every biological
     feature. Yet when I ask for the evidence behind this belief, I
     get none. What happened to that hard-core skepticism? >>

    This is a load of crap. I presented to you on the ARN board 2 citations for
    papers that described evidence for positive Darwinian selction. You
    'pooh-poohed' it because the authors didn't rule out 'artificial selection'
    (i.e., design) or some such nonsense. That and, of course, you had
    originally asked for evidence that 'NS was the primary driving force behind
    the evolution of all mammals.' That way, when presented with examples of NS,
    you can reject them because they are not exactly, precisely, what yiou
    'demanded.' Maybe you should ask people in the know your amazing questions -
    like when I asked YOU for evidence supportive of ID - you came up with
    'maybe' convergence. You have NOTHING, yet demand evolutionists provide you
    with what you explicitly demand. What a load..... what a charlatan...