Re: the role of sex in evolution

From: Susan Brassfield (Susan-Brassfield@ou.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 10:49:18 EDT

    >Reflectorites
    >
    >On Fri, 07 Apr 2000 11:49:32 -0500, Susan Brassfield wrote:
    >
    >[...]
    >
    >>SJ>All
    >>>one has to do is point to a `verse' in the evolutionist's `Bible', the
    >>>Talk.Origins website, and all will be well!
    >
    >SB>creationists of all kinds *hate* the talk.origins website :-)
    >
    >[...]
    >
    >Well, I don't. And I have never heard of any creationist say (publicly
    >or privately" that he/she"hates" *any* evolutionist website.

    I have never heard a creationist refer to talkorigins.org in any but the
    most sneering tones, identical to the ones you used.

    >SB>This: "`verse' in the
    >>evolutionist's `Bible', the Talk.Origins website" is ad hominem of the
    >>first water.
    >
    >[...]
    >
    >An "ad hominem" against a *website*???
    >
    >Steve

    yes! "it came from talkorigins so I *can't* be true!" Argument over. No
    attempt to pick one argument and prove (using peer-reviewed scientific
    literature) that any of the arguments on the talkorigins website is untrue
    or dishonest.

    Susan

    For if there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing
    of life as in hoping for another and in eluding the implacable grandeur of
    this one.
    --Albert Camus

    http://www.telepath.com/susanb/