Re: Noise and this list

From: Susan Brassfield (Susan-Brassfield@ou.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 10:54:47 EST

    James:

    >As a listowner and as someone who is interested in the topic of this
    >list (but often frustrated by the noise and loss of focus and deep
    >thinking in line with the original purpose of this list), I agree
    >entirely with Terry. This list has sometimes degenerated into a noise
    >talk origins and it could be and has been much more.

    and absolutely nobody is stopping this list from being anything it wants to
    be. I read the links below and am quite confused by them. My response is
    "so what?" I don't mean that as belligerent as it sounds. I truely am
    confused about what the problem is. If something posted is stupid or boring
    I delete it.

    I, myself, try to make my posts as sharp as I can but seldom get them to
    the level I would like (this is an extremely busy time for me).

    So I'd like to know what you think should happen. Richard says he'll try
    not to respond to people who truly aren't making sense, but those are
    sometimes the most interesting! And the stupid and boring stuff isn't
    somehow magically keeping the better writers and thinkers from posting.

    Susan

    >As some of you know I even did a study of the noise on this list and you
    >can see the results in the following two urls from the archive.
    >
    >http://www.calvin.edu/archive/evolution/199909/0439.html
    >and
    >http://www.calvin.edu/archive/evolution/199909/0466.html

    For if there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing
    of life as in hoping for another and in eluding the implacable grandeur of
    this one.
    --Albert Camus

    http://www.telepath.com/susanb/