Re: One step nearer to cloning a human being, etc

From: Susan Brassfield (Susan-Brassfield@ou.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 12:47:15 EST

    Steve:

    >... The responsibility, he believes, rests squarely on the shoulders
    >of those doctors, especially Dr. Money, who had developed an international
    >reputation for the "twins case." Despite the apparent harm it was doing to
    >the
    >Reimer family, Money appeared bent on seeing it through to the end. "I
    >thought it
    >was very ignorant for them to think I was no longer a male because my
    >penis was
    >burned off," Reimer said. "A woman who loses her breasts to cancer doesn't
    >(become) any less of a woman." ... [A horrific example of what happens when
    >scientists are captured by a theory which they want to believe and ignore
    >the facts.]

    I agree. This, of course, is an excellent illustration of the fact that
    people don't choose their sexual orientation. You are born one way and you
    are stuck with it! Religious moralizing only causes psychological damage.
    Suicide rates among homosexual teens is much higher than among "normal"
    adolescents.

    Susan

    For if there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing
    of life as in hoping for another and in eluding the implacable grandeur of
    this one.
    --Albert Camus

    http://www.telepath.com/susanb/