funny Keyes quote

From: MikeBGene@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 09:45:34 EST

    Most politicians don't come across as being very bright. Alan Keyes
    is an exception. Here's a quote from Keyes during his 2/27 speech in
    Virginia about how the Declaration of Independence would have been
    worded if evolutionary theory was the guiding spirit of the zeitgeist:

    "We hold these ideas to be more or less familiar to everybody though no
    longer necessarily accepted by everybody, that all of us have more or less
    evolved to about the same point, and that as a consequence of this
    evolutionary process all of us are equally inclined to whine a lot about our
    rights."