Re: Cosmic Driving Force? etc

From: Cliff Lundberg (cliff@noe.com)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 14:43:26 EST

    >[Another big `coincidence': "we are living at the one and only time in all
    >of cosmic evolution when the collective gravitational pull and the
    >opposing push of antigravity are roughly balanced" to make life possible!"

    The quote also says "Scientists ponder why the universe is so perfectly
    balanced gravitationally that it neither flew apart nor collapsed before the
    first stars or galaxies could form." But the article is mainly about the fact
    that the universe is indeed flying apart. And I'm writing this at the one
    and only time in all of cosmic evolution when I am alive...coincidence?
    I wonder...think of all the factors that have to be in balance for me to be
    here...

    >If a scientist made disparaging remarks about Indian religious beliefs,
    >he/she would be in hot water. Yet scientists make disparaging remarks
    >all the time about *Christian* religious beliefs regarding creation.

    In the USA, there seems to be a feeling that because of Christian
    genocide against Indians over 400 years, they should get some special
    consideration. Here in California they used to round up Indians, baptize
    them, and shoot them.

    --Cliff Lundberg  ~  San Francisco  ~  cliff@noe.com