RE: Evolution and Rape (was Re: The KansasScienceEducationStandards)

From: John E. Rylander (rylander@prolexia.com)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 17:48:55 EST

    BTW, there's an interesting Books & Culture article about E. O. Wilson.

    http://www.christianity.net/bc/9B6/9B6036.html

    I actually have some significant disagreements with the piece (I thought I'd
    point that out since I remember Steve Jones emphasizing to me that if I
    posted an URL it was natural to assume I agreed with it). I find the
    article to be a bit too simple wrt the appeal of physicalism, not really
    cogent on the issues of emergent properties, and not sensitive enough to the
    difficulties in deriving Christian morality from evolutionary biology under
    the rubric of natural law.

    But it's still very interesting.

    John