Re: Why Lie?

Susan Brassfield (Susan-Brassfield@ou.edu)
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 10:00:59 -0600

>Chris wrote:
>>There's a moral here: If you want to read Stephen's posts, by all means do
>>so. Just remember that any evolutionist he quotes is probably being quoted
>>out of context or misquoted and is almost certainly being misrepresented.
>>Further, keep in mind that, even when he does not misrepresent the quotes in
>>the very process of quoting them, he *then* misrepresents what they say in
>>his own comments about them. This is most remarkable, since all the reader
>>has to do is re-read the quoted passage to see that Stephen is simply lying
>>or willfully stupid. I will elaborate on this in my post in response to the
>>post in which he has the gall to accuse me of an ad hominem argument for
>>calling him on his systematic misrepresentation the views of his opponents.

Bertvan:
>How often have I heard the claim that anyone who criticizes any part of neo
>Darwinism is "lying or willfully stupid".

Ready my "Why Lie?" post. I just exposed one of Stephen's falsehoods.
(Actually he probably picked up that edited quote from a creationist
website, believing as I once did, that creationists would never stoop to
lying or dishonesty to make their case.)

Susan

For if there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing
of life as in hoping for another and in eluding the implacable grandeur of
this one.
--Albert Camus

http://www.telepath.com/susanb/