Re: tetrapoidy in mammals

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swau.edu)
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 18:57:19 -0800

At 06:35 PM 11/11/1999 +0000, Glenn wrote:

>Wow. Thanks for that. My Natures are a bit slow in getting here since I
>moved to Houston. A polyploid animal would have an increased information
>content. By the way I have heard that there is some evidence of polyploidy
>in guinea pigs, but I can't find the reference just now.

Hi Glenn:
Information only increases if there is something different being said.
That is not established yet in either of the cases you mention. A stack of
newspapers in a newsstand has no more information than any of the
newspapers in the stack. I know that you know this and am puzzled by your
seeming delight over this non-event.
Art
http://geology.swau.edu