Re: chance is incompatible with God's creation? (was Complexity of

MikeBGene@aol.com
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 22:44:36 EST

Matthew writes:

>When biologists are at their day jobs, trying to answer questions about
>biology, they don't spend any time debating whether their findings are
>in conflict with God or any other supernatural entity.

This is correct. But neither do they spend any time debating whether
their findings are ever in conflict with evolutionary theory (I don't recall
ever reading a single paper where this possibility was raised). In the
end, the vast majority of work-a-day biologists don't think about origins
as their focus is much more proximal.

Mike