Re: Flood Model [was Early Cambrian explosion]

Steven H. Schimmrich (sschimmr@ursa.calvin.edu)
Tue, 09 Feb 1999 17:55:38 -0500

At 04:40 PM 2/9/99 -0800, Art Chadwick wrote:

> At 05:36 PM 2/9/99 -0500, Steve wrote:
>
>> - I don't propose new ideas on this listserve, only react to posts which I
>> think are in error or misrepresent mainstream geology.
>>
>> - I'm not the one making extraordinary claims which seek to overturn all of
>> modern geology (all of modern science actually). Extraordinary claims
>> require a very rigorous and critical examination of the evidence.
>
> So in your opinion only those who differ with you have to present all the
> data negative to their views. You can stand at the sidelines and throw
> stones from a distance. Now that I know the rules, maybe I can play the
> game without offending you further.

You don't just differ from me, you differ from most of 20th century geology!

If you present controversial ideas in a public forum, you're going to be
criticized. I'm not offended and don't want to offend you but I will speak out
against this type of stuff (young-earth creationism, flood geology) which I
believe is complete nonsense and is a stumbling block for many people seeking God.

- Steve.

--   Steven H. Schimmrich, Assistant Professor of Geology   Department of Geology, Geography, and Environmental Studies   Calvin College, 3201 Burton Street SE, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49546   sschimmr@calvin.edu (office), schimmri@earthlink.net (home)   616-957-7053 (voice mail), 616-957-6501 (fax)    http://home.earthlink.net/~schimmrich/