Re: Comments on Spetner

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Sat, 26 Sep 1998 23:27:33 -0500

At 08:23 PM 9/26/98 -0700, Joseph Mastropaolo wrote:
>Yockey demonstrated mathematically from the biochemistry of cytochrome c
>that the probability was astronomical if it were to be formed by
>evolution given a mutation every second from the beginning of time of
>this universe. Therefore, the evolutionist believes in miracles.
>
>Spetner observes that every mutation finding a temporary environmental
>niche nonetheless loses information and has taken a step toward
>extinction. Evolution can't provide new information. New information
>can't come from a random process. New information requires an engineer.

issue of functionality. Originally it was thought that each sequence had a
unique functionality and if there were 10^137 sequences there would be
10^137 functions. But this didn't turn out to be true. Today we know that
the family of cytochrome c has 10^93 members. But experiments in trying to
find a given function in a vat of 10^14 molecules have shown that most
functionalities have a frequency of 10^12 to 10^18. The importance of this
is that it would imply that other families are out there that would perform
the function of cytochrome c.

glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood