Re: 'Directed' evolution?

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Sat, 26 Sep 1998 23:04:26 -0500

At 06:22 PM 9/26/98 -0700, Arthur V. Chadwick wrote:
>At 08:18 PM 9/25/98 -0500, Glenn wrote:
> The problem is that lots of
>>anti-evolutionists seem to think that evolution rules out design. It
>>doesn't.
>
>Ask Dawkins about that one!

Dawkins is not the God of evolution nor is he the arbitor of what rules God
out. The fact that there will always be some evolutionists who make Dawkins
claims is as irrelevant to design as is the fact that some will always
believe in a young earth in spite of all the evidence. We can't reject
evolution until every single atheist sees design in the world. That is not
the way things work.

As to design:
If you put a magnet under a roulette wheel, the ball will appear to move
quasi-randomly except that it is more likely to land on the slot with the
magnet. Only after lots and lots of trials will it become evident that this
is a rigged game. Given the fact that Trillions upon trillions of
DIFFERENT protein sequences will perform the very same function, it gives
the appearance that someone has limited the choice of biomolecular
functions. God, having created the biopolymers, knows their functional map
and from what I can see, God rigged the biological roulette wheel by
massive redundancy in functionality.
glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood