RE: 'Directed' evolution?

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swau.edu)
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 08:55:06 -0700

At 07:18 PM 9/23/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Arthurt: <<That is your definition of what is information. It is however
a moot point
>since it is not heredible in any case.>>
>
>So what is your definition ? If we cannot even agree on the definition how
can one argue it ?

It is not my definition that is in question; it is Spetner's. It is in his
book, which I do not have at the moment (I have loaned it out). I will try
to retrieve it, but in the meantime, those of you who appear to be so
concerned with good scholarship and interested in truth should be eagerly
seeking his book for yourselves (you could all have had it and read it by
now from Amazon). So what gives here? You all appear to be interested in
the specifics of his definition, but not in what he has to say. Please
explain how your particular quest for truth works. I could extract certain
concepts from his book and post them, but the point is you should be eager
to read his entire argument for yourselves. It sounds to me like this has
boiled down to semantics rather than science.
Art
http://biology.swau.edu