RE: A Poll On Abiogenesis (Spontaneous Generation)

Pim van Meurs (entheta@eskimo.com)
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 05:02:00 -0700

Pim van Meurs wrote:

> > CLiff: An evolutionist must ultimately believe in abiogenesis.

> You are making wide sweeping assertions here. You know that
> such assertions are often fallacious ?

Cliff: <<I wish I hadn't made that statement, which was irrelevant to my point, but while we're here, where do you draw the line? An evolutionist with any notion of an effective god is a creationist? And a creationist who recognizes any evolutionary change can call himself an evolutionist? >>

Why can one not be an evolutionist and believe in a God ?