Re: Petersen's New Insights, Glenn Morton's Unethical Habits

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Thu, 03 Sep 1998 06:14:00 -0500

At 11:56 PM 9/2/98 -0700, Joseph Mastropaolo wrote:
>Please do not use my name or Richard Petersen's without permission to
>put forward your political agenda by derision and intimidation as
>demonstrated above. Unlike you, we adhere to propriety, protocol,
>gentlemanly deportment and the scientific method. I hold nothing in
>common with, and completely disassociate myself from, your unethical
>habits and political ambitions as illustrated above.

Well, I have already done it once more before I read this letter. But
Joseph, your views are a perfect example of what happens when one decides
that uniformitarian science is not to be believed. Your views make a
perfect illustration of the NEED for observational data in the search for
truth. Without it, one can believe anything whatsoever and this is
something I have been preaching for a long, long time. Without the
constraints of observational science, any counter or falsifying evidence
can be dismissed as merely 'uniformitarianism'. Any data that would make
your views wrong can be ignored. And this is precisely the problem with
young-earth creationism.

I want to thank you for being such an object lesson to those who might be
watching here.
glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood