Re: Irreducible Complexity

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Thu, 03 Sep 1998 06:08:18 -0500

At 11:10 PM 9/2/98 -0700, Joseph Mastropaolo wrote:
>Behe's irreducible complexity says that the system must have all the
>parts in order to function. It also says that there isn't any way for
>it to get its parts serially because nothing will function or have any
>use until all the parts are there, placed, structurally and functionally
>interfaced according to that unique blueprint. Therefore "evolving"
>into the structure and function is not possible. It must be
>nanoengineered.

Question. Can an incomplete moustrap have the needed part in the 4th
dimension and still function in the observable 3 dimensions?
Can we place the bait platform in the 4th dimension and still have a
workable moustrap?

In such a case, I don't see how you could ever say that the complexity was
really missing, not merely misplaced dimensionally.
glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood