RE: What 'naturalists' really say and believe about evolution

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 20:43:53 -0500

At 08:02 PM 8/27/98 -0500, Andrew wrote:
>Let me answer the question: Because Evolutionists are dishonest. First,
>we're talking about Evolutionists, not scientists. It is dishonest to
>pass them off as synonymous. Secondly, it is because Evolutionists like
>to use irrelevant definitions of Evolution and Creation -- i.e. they're
>dishonest.

Let me ask something. I manage a group of geophysicists. I am a
scientist. I look at paleontology, seismic data, depositional systems, and
fluid flow to determine where oil and gas might be. My company this week
just spent 11.5 million dollars based upon my group's recommendations and
they tried to spend $20 million but we lost out to another company. They
believe I am telling them the truth and are willing to bet that much money
that I am honest fellow. But I am also an evolutionist and according to
your definition I am dishonest. So, I have some questions. Am I dishonest:

1. only when I speak of evolution?
2. at all times?
3. at no time because my science training overcomes my inherent
'dishonesty' as an evolutionist?

Should you tell them of my 'dishonesty' as an evolutionist? Or does your
definition need revising?
glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood