Re: Evolution!!

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 22:18:34 -0500

At 04:36 PM 7/17/98 -0500, Ron Chitwood wrote:

>Absolutely right on IF random selection of Drosophila is depended upon.
>Using ID the process of mutation is enormously accelerated but there is
>STILL no evidence that macroevolution took place.
>I am really most anxious to see what your usually cogent reply is to this,
>as others on this thread seem to, too.

How about the entirely new phylum and entirely new life form that was found
this century living on lobsters. A phylum is the highest level of animal
organization and there is no fossil record of this thing so I can certainly
claim that it is a recent product of evolution. In fact there has been no
new phyla since the earliest Paleozoic until this thing appears in modern
animals.

"The mouthparts of the Norway lobster Nephrops are colonized by an
acoelomate metazoan, Symbion pandora gen. et sp. nov. Sessile stages
continually produce inner buds replacing feeding structures. They also
produce one of three motile stages: (1) larvae containing new feeding
stages, (2) dwarf males, which settle on feeding stages, or (3) females,
which settle onto lobster mouthparts, eand eventually degenerate, giving
rise to dispersive larvae. All motile stages are short-lived, and do not
feed. The structure and function of the cilia suggest a phylogeneitc
position in Protostomia, while some aspects of inner budding and brooding
of larvae are similar to those of Entoprocta and Ectoprocta. The
dispersive larva possesses a mesodermal supporting chordoid structure,
otherwise absent in protostomian larvae. We believe that all the above
features of this previously undescribed species warrant the recognition of
a new phylum with affinities to Ectoprocta and Entoprocta."~Petar Funch and
Reinhardt Mobjerg Kristensen, "Cycliophora is a new phylum with affinities
to Entoprocta and Ectoprocta," Nature, 378, Dec. 14, 1995, p. 711.
glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood