Re: More fine-tuning: ice holes in Antarctic aerate our

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Sun, 12 Jul 1998 22:14:55 -0500

At 12:21 PM 7/13/98 +1000, Donald Howes wrote:
>If the world was uniformly warm, that would mean there would be
>insignificant air currents, which could also mean that there would not be
>high and low air pressure areas, which could suggest that there may not
>have been any rain pre Noah. That may well be a rediculas conclusion to
>come to, but I did read on this list that the idea of there not being any
>rain pre Noah was stupid because there have always been big difference in
>temperatures in different parts of the world, creating air currents etc.

No, you caught me here. The world wouldn't be uniformly warm. If it were
you would be correct that there would be no air currents. However, without
the circum antarctic current, it would be much less of a temperature
difference between the equator and the poles. THis is probably why
dinosaurs could live in the arctic and antarctic during the Cretaceous.
glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood